It's official. The gladiator sandal remains a firm fixture of spring/summer fashion. How do I know? Well when Christian Louboutin designs a shoe reflecting the trend, that's all the endorsement I need.
So this season we can expect a fresh offering of the warrior footwear - but unlike last season when heels were subtle and the emphasis was on comfort - this time it's all about the bold, high-heeled, ultra glam with plenty of drama.
Personally, I'm relieved that gladiator sandals have had a bit of a refresh. It's not that I didn't enjoy them before, but now with the added height, we get the benefits of elongated legs, shapely feet and a more sophisticated finish.
Check out the new designs from Christian Louboutin, Giuseppe Zanotti and Balmain - by far my favourite choice from what's out there right now.
- £85, www.dune.com
1. Paquita Crepe Satin Sandals by Christian Louboutin
- £547,00 , www.mytheresa.com
2. Moda In Pelle Marrianne Gladiator Sandal
- £85, www.vivaladiva.com
3. Strappy leather sandals by Giuseppe Zanotti
- £342.55, www.net-a-porter.com
4. Urban Gladiator Sandals by Balmain
- £670,00, www.mytheresa.com